Anne Makrigiorgos is a registered patent and trade marks attorney and lawyer based in Melbourne.
Anne specialises in trade marks but her practice spans other areas of IP including copyright and designs, consumer protection and IP agreements. While she enjoys the everyday workings of an IP firm, she loves nothing more than the challenge of complex IP matters and providing high level strategic advice.
Anne’s practice primarily involves advising in relation to Australian trade mark law, but she also has expertise in advising directly on all aspects of New Zealand trade mark law.
In 2013, Anne became the first female president of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia, a role that allowed her to provide a female voice to a male dominated profession.
With IP experience spanning more than 32 years, Anne manages the brands of numerous Australian and multi-national companies. Many of these companies have been clients for well over a decade, which Anne attributes to her ability to speak frankly and to cut to the chase.
- Master of Laws, Monash University
- Bachelor of Science (Immunology), Monash University
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Recognised WIPR Leader, WIPR, 2021
- Trade Mark Star, Managing Intellectual Property, 2020
- Recommended for Prosecution and Strategy, World Trade Mark Review, 2015-21
- Member and former president, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)