Gavin Adkins is a lawyer and registered patent and trade marks attorney based in Melbourne.
Gavin’s practice centres around IP litigation and commercial legal advice. With experience as a prosecuting patent attorney and a technical background in chemistry, Gavin’s aim is to come to grips with the technology, commercial landscape and legal challenges quickly and move on to providing pragmatic and candid advice.
In his previous roles and during his time at Griffith Hack, he has assisted clients with litigation raising issues in patents, designs, trade marks, the Australian Consumer Law, contractual disputes, domain names and copyright infringement.
Gavin has been published in leading industry journals, written chapters in IP reference texts and received university prizes for his academic performance.
However, Gavin is most satisfied when he’s helped a client achieve a great result. “It’s really satisfying helping clients work through tough situations to achieve a commercial result.”
- Master of Industrial Property – University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) – La Trobe University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Leo Cussen Centre for Law
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Rising Star, Managing Intellectual Property, 2018-19