Leanne Oitmaa is a patent attorney, trade marks attorney and lawyer based in Perth.
Leanne advises clients across the broad spectrum of intellectual property, from protecting strategies and prosecution through to commercialisation advice and enforcement. Leanne has specific expertise in the areas of telecommunications, optical and photonic technologies, internet applications, e-commerce and mechanical devices.
Drawing on her unique dual role as both a lawyer and patent & trade marks attorney, Leanne brings technical skills with her ICT and engineering patents experience. Combined with her litigation skills and drafting agreements, Leanne always seeks to fully understand and manage client requirements and expectations.
Leanne acts in litigation matters involving patents, trade marks and copyright before the Federal Court of Australia. Additionally, Leanne manages the trade mark portfolios for major international clients.
- Master of Laws, The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
- Admitted to the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and Western Australia
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Fellow, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Recognised Patent Leader, WIPR, 2021