The focus on trade marks used to be national. Now it has to be global. Hundreds of thousands of trade marks come on line every year and there’s a limited number of words and images to represent products. It’s a crowded space, so every business needs to protect its patch.
And so with increasing frequency, companies are looking beyond traditional brand names and logos and using novel trade marks to differentiate themselves.
At the same time, the ease with which ideas can be transported and products copied has grown. Businesses need to be equipped to establish, protect and defend their brands through trade marks.
How Griffith Hack can help you
Our attorneys have extensive experience assisting our clients in identifying and optimising the core value of their businesses. Each member of the group has a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses and provides practical, commercially-focused advice to maximise assets.
Our expertise and services
- Trade mark selection and development
- Trade mark portfolio management
- Trade mark due diligence and audit
- Use and registrability searches
- Trade mark use investigations
- Trade mark watching and monitoring
- Filing and prosecution of trade marks
- Opposition proceedings against accepted trade marks
- Customs seizure notices
- Trade mark renewals